What are the basics of uploading images to ArtBase?
If you are unfamiliar with upload images in the ArtBase Inventory area, check out our images tutorial video here.
What if I followed the tutorial video/pre-install setup but my images show up as a "?"
ArtBase only accepts .jpg images. If you are having trouble with an image, make sure it doesn't have the .jpeg extension and make sure it isn't another format entirely, such as .tiff, .png or .gif. Image filenames also cannot contain "/" , "\", ":" or "?" characters. Make sure your image file name doesn't include a date in the format **/**/**. Check your folder names too! ArtBase cannot find files in folders that contain illegal characters.
What if my image has the wrong orientation in ArtBase but is correctly oriented in the system preview?
If an image is incorrectly orientated in ArtBase, it needs to be saved with the correct orientation and re-imported. The OS X Preview application and some Windows image applications show images oriented based on their metadata, which ArtBase does not read. Re-save you image in "Preview" or another image editor with the correct orientation. This will embed the correct orientation into the image. Upload the re-saved image to ArtBase to verify it is oriented correctly.
Why does my image have the wrong color tint when I upload it?
This issue is caused by a non-standard RGB or any CMYK color profile. Save your image file with an Apple or Adobe RGB profile to maintain a uniform color display. Many image editors always use a standard color profile when you export as a .jpg so opening and re-saving your image as a new .jpg will usually correct this issue.
If you are unsure how to fix the color profile contact email@example.com
What if I get a message stating that "The MediaManager plug-in may not be installed"?
This message indicates that the MediaManager plug-in isn't installed on your computer. The plug-in is available to download from our website here. Make sure you download the correct plug-in for your version of ArtBase and FileMaker Pro.
Once you have downloaded the correct plug-in, follow these instructions to install it.
On a Mac, the MediaManager.fmplugin plug-in file needs to be copied to in the following directory:
Applications > Filemaker Pro [12, 13 or 14] > Extensions
On a Windows computer, the MediaManager.fmx plug-in file needs to be copied to the following directory:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Filemaker Pro [12, 13 or 14]/Extensions
On a Windows computer with the 64-bit version of FileMaker Pro 14 installed, the MediaManager.fmx64 plug-in file needs to be copied to the following directory:
C:/Program Files/Filemaker Pro 14/Extensions
What if I've installed the MediaManager plug-in but i'm getting a new message about QuickTime?
On a Windows computer, you need to install Apple QuickTime. You can download QuickTime for free here.
Make sure to quit Filemaker Pro before running the downloaded QuickTime installer.
What if I've installed the MediaManager plug-in but i'm still getting a message stating that "The MediaManager plug-in may not be installed"?
If you've downloaded the plug-in and placed it in the correct directory but are still seeing an error message, press OK on the dialog box and wait for ArtBase to start. If you are on a Mac click the menu at top of your screen "Filemaker Pro", and select "Preferences" from the drop down menu.
On Windows the "Preferences" menu option is available under the "Edit" menu at the top of your window.
If you see that MediaManager is unchecked then it means it the plug-in is in the correct directory but cannot be activated. In this case, contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our technicians will assist.
Note: make sure you are using the correct version of Filemaker Pro! Check out compatibility here.
How do I import data from an Excel spreadsheet into ArtBase?
Contact email@example.com to get the required Contacts Import file or Inventory Import file. Remember record import is only available in ArtBase 10.
1. The Contacts_ImportExport.fmp12 or Inventory_ImportExport.fmp12 file must be placed on your desktop for the import to work.
2. To start the import go to your context menu (either Inventory or Contacts) and select Import > Import from Excel.
3. If you get a prompt for an account name and password enter the account name Admin and leave the password field blank.
4. If your Excel file name is grayed out, you need to change the file type to Excel Workbooks, this will allow you to choose an .xlsx file as the source.
5. Once you have selected the Excel sheet to import from, follow the on screen instructions to map the data from your spreadsheet into ArtBase. Make sure your columns all have headers to so you can match them to the ArtBase field names.
Note: The import will not detect if a contact or inventory item is already in your system. You may end up with duplicate contacts or inventory items if you import records that are already in your system.
What if I have a spreadsheet that isn't in the Excel .xlsx format?
If you have a file that is in .xls, .csv or .tab format and you have Excel, you should open it in Excel and re-save it in the .xlsx format. Importing from file types other than .xlsx is not supported.
How do I get remote assistance from a technician?
To allow an ArtBase technician to give you assistance, you can grant secure remote access to your computer using our TeamViewer Host application.
1. Download the TeamViewer Host installer here.
2. Install TeamViewer Host on the machine that we will be accessing
3. During or after the installation process you will be prompted to set up a password for unattended access to your machine. Set up the password and keep a note of it so you can provide it to us.
4. After you have installed TeamViewer Host, let us know your 9-Digit TeamViewer ID and password you chose in the previous step so we can test the connection.
If you have any questions contact tech support at firstname.lastname@example.org